All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCount the tulips in a garden, find the mistakes in pictures, and solve other quaint mysteries in this book of puzzles from 1922. Antique rebuses, hidden words, riddles, puns, and other imaginative challenges abound, accompanied by full-page illustrations and other whimsical line drawings. These timeless puzzles will captivate readers ages 6 and up. Answers appear at the end.
- Author BiographyJohn Martin was the pen name of Morgan van Roorbach Shepard (1865-1947), a Brooklyn native who published the children's magazine John Martin's Book. Peter Puzzlemaker is a collection of games from his magazine. Illustrator and author George Leonard Carlson (1887-1962) worked for many years on John Martin's Book. He wrote many cartooning and how-to-draw books and created the dust jacket for Gone With the Wind.
- Author(s)George Leonard Carlson
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/12/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.