Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains how to apply ecomic analysis to the evaluation of engineering challenges in the petroleum industry. Discussion progresses from an introduction to the industry, through principles and techniques of engineering ecomics, to the application of ecomic methods. Packed with real-world examples and case studies demonstrating how to calculate rate of return, discounted cash flow, payout period, and more, Petroleum Ecomics and Engineering, Third Edition assists petroleum engineers, chemical engineers, production workers, management, and executives in sound ecomic decision-making regarding the design, manufacture, and operation of oil and gas plants, equipment, and processes. The fully revised third edition is updated to reflect key advancements in petroleum techlogy and expanded to include chapters on middle stream operations, kwn as surface petroleum operations (SPO), and natural gas processing and fractionation. By looking globally at the hydrocarbon industry, the improved text offers the reader a more complete picture of the petroleum sector, which includes the global processes of exploration, production, refining, and transportation.
- Author BiographyHussein K. Abdel-Aal is emeritus professor for National Research Center (NRC), Cairo, Egypt and King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He received his BS from Alexandria University, Egypt and his MS and Ph.D from Texas A&M University, College Station, USA. He has worked as process engineer for Suez oil refineries, headed KFUPM's Chemical Engineering Department, served as visiting professor for Texas A&M, and headed NRC's Solar Energy Department. He has contributed to over 90 technical papers, edited one book on petroleum economics and engineering, and authored Petroleum and Gas Field Processing. An AIChE member and fellow, he is founder of the board for the International Association of Hydrogen Energy, Miami, Florida, USA. Mohammed A. Alsahlawi is a previous dean and current professor for King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He holds a BS and MBA from KFUPM and a Ph.D from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. He has served as manager of KFUPM's Economic and Industrial Research Division; head of the News Agency and Information Department for the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, Vienna, Austria; member of the Advisory Board of the Saudi Arabian Supreme Economic Council, Riyadh; and director of the Human Resources Development Fund, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He also was the first president of the Saudi Association for Energy Economics.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note114 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 104 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byHussein K. Abdel-Aal,Mohammed A. Alsahlawi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.