Petroleum Reservoir Rock and Fluid Properties by Abhijit Y. Dandekar (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $113.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA strong foundation in reservoir rock and fluid properties is the backbone of almost all the activities in the petroleum industry. Suitable for undergraduate students in petroleum engineering, Petroleum Reservoir Rock and Fluid Properties, Second Edition offers a well-balanced, in-depth treatment of the fundamental concepts and practical aspects that encompass this vast discipline. New to the Second Edition * Introductions to Stone II three-phase relative permeability model and unconventional oil and gas resources * Discussions on low salinity water injection, saturated reservoirs and production trends of five reservoir fluids, impact of mud filtrate invasion and heavy organics on samples, and flow assurance problems due to solid components of petroleum * Better plots for determining oil and water Corey exponents from relative permeability data * Inclusion of Rachford-Rice flash function, Plateau equation, and skin effect * Improved introduction to reservoir rock and fluid properties * Practice problems covering porosity, combined matrix-channel and matrix-fracture permeability, radial flow equations, drilling muds on fluid saturation, wettability concepts, three-phase oil relative permeability, petroleum reservoir fluids, various phase behavior concepts, phase behavior of five reservoir fluids, and recombined fluid composition * Detailed solved examples on absolute permeability, live reservoir fluid composition, true boiling point extended plus fractions properties, viscosity based on compositional data, and gas-liquid surface tension Accessible to anyone with an engineering background, the text reveals the importance of understanding rock and fluid properties in petroleum engineering. Key literature references, mathematical expressions, and laboratory measurement techniques illustrate the correlations and influence between the various properties. Explaining how to acquire accurate and reliable data, the author describes coring and fluid sampling methods, issues related to handling samples for core analyses, and PVT studies. He also highlights core and phase behavior analysis using laboratory tests and calculations to elucidate a wide range of properties.
- Author BiographyAbhijit Y. Dandekar is a professor of petroleum engineering at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. An active member of SPE, Dr. Dandekar is the author or coauthor of over 30 peer-reviewed technical papers, over 45 technical conference papers, and numerous research reports in areas as diverse as special core analysis, PVT and phase behavior, gas-to-liquids, gas hydrates, viscous oils, wettability alteration, and CO2 sequestration. He received his PhD in petroleum engineering from Heriot-Watt University.
- Author(s)Abhijit Y. Dandekar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 61 black & white tables
- Weight906 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.