All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2014 Book of the Year Award from the Petroleum History Society! The importance of energy to the functioning of any ecomy has meant that energy industries are amongst the most regulated of industries. What might appear to be purely private decisions are made within a complex and evolving web of government regulations. Petropolitics: Petroleum Development, Markets and Regulations, Alberta as an Illustrative History provides an ecomic history of the petroleum industry in Alberta as well as a detailed analysis of the operation of the markets for Alberta oil and natural gas, and the main governmental regulations (apart from environmental regulations) faced by the industry. The tools used within this study are applicable to oil and gas industries throughout the world.
- Author BiographyALAN J. MACFADYEN is Associate Professor Emeritus in the Department of Economics at the University of Calgary. In addition to initiating the energy economics program, he has authored numerous papers on energy and economics and has co-authored books on North American border issues and Alberta oil plays. G. CAMPBELL WATKINS (1939-2005) was an adjunct professor of economics at the University of Calgary for twenty years. He went on to provide consulting services to a number of organizations worldwide and was recognized as an expert in energy policy and the application of economic analysis and statistical tools to the problems of the energy industry.
- Author(s)Alan J. Macfadyen,G. Campbell Watkins
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.