All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Petticoat Pilgrims on Trek Hopeless quests for a house all over Johannesburg resulted in our deciding upon camp-life once more, and here we are, and are trying to think it perfect. It isn't. It's horribly uncomfortable; but yet I can't be really miserable, because my imagination is so fed by life under canvas. One feels so Biblical and patriarchal, for one thing. I always (when I return evenings from shopping in Johannesburg) expect from afar, as I cross the veldt, to see Nellie entertaining angels at the tentdoor like Abraham did. I often wonder did he give them chairs, or did they sit on their wings, or a cloud brought down with them, or the ground, or a packing-case brought out by Mrs. Abraham? About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Mrs Fred Maturin
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.