All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe geometrical view of mechanics is based on the study of certain exterior systems, the most classical of which are Pfaffian systems. In this book, we present the classification theorems (Frobenius, Darboux) and the local classification of Pfaffian systems of five variables, following Cartan. We also present a new class of exterior systems, called k-symplectic systems, generalizing the tion of symplectic form. These systems permit us to write in the language of exterior forms the equations proposed by Nambu for a model of statistical mechanics. Audience: This book is aimed at graduate students and at research workers in the field of mathematics, differential geometry, statistical mechanics, mathematics of physics and Lie algebras.
- Author(s)Azzouz Awane,Michel Goze
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2000
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.