All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an English translation of one of Plato's least political dialogues of Socrates and Phaedrus discussing many themes: the art and practice of rhetoric, love, reincarnation, and the soul. It includes an introduction, tes, glossary, appendices, and an interpretive essay and introduction. Also included are rarely seen illustrations, stone carvings, and vase paintings. Focus Philosophical Library translations are close to and are n-interpretative of the original text, with the tes and a glossary intending to provide the reader with some sense of the terms and the concepts as they were understood by Plato's immediate audience.
- Author BiographyStephen Scully is an Associate Professor of Classical Studies at Boston University. He is the author of Homer and the Sacred City , as well as numerous essays and articles on Homer, Attic Tragedy, and Virgil.
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- Series TitleFocus Philosophical Library
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Content Notenotes, glossary, appendices
- Weight224 g
- Width6 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited bySteven Scully
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.