All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) has worked on har- nizing the stability regulations in the US, Europe, and Japan since the early 1990s. Even though the Stability Guidelines Q1A (R2) was issued over a decade ago, issues surrounding this arena continue to surface as the principles described in the guideline are applied to different technical concentrations. As a result, the stability community has continued to discuss concerns and find ways of harmonizing regulatory requirements, streamlining practices, improving processes in order to bring safe and effective medical supplies to the patients around the world. In 2007, the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Stability Focus Group organized two workshops - the Stability Workshop and the Degradation Mechanism Workshop. These meetings attracted many industry scientists as well as representatives from several regulatory agencies in the world to discuss important topics related to pharmaceutical stability practices. Recognizing the importance of documenting these discussions and with the permission of AAPS, I have worked with speakers to assemble a collection of 30 articles from presentations given at these two meetings, mainly the Stability Workshop. I trust that this book will be beneficial to all of you in providing guidance and up-to-date information for building quality stability programs. v Freedom of our mind is Mother of all inventions.
- Author BiographyKim Huynh-Ba is the founder and Technical Director of Pharmalytik (www.pharmalytik.com). She has twenty two years of experience in various analytical areas of pharmaceutical development and a primary focus in stability sciences. Prior to Pharmalytik, she held positions in drug development at Astra Zeneca (formerly ICI Americas), DuPont Merck, DuPont Pharmaceuticals, Bristol Myers Squibb and Wyeth Vaccines. She has been advising pharmaceutical companies including companies operating under Consent Decree on harmonization and optimization of analytical best practices since 2001. In addition to her consulting activities, Kim is a short course instructor and organizer on topics ranging from cGMP compliance and quality issues to stability programs under sponsorship of global organizations such as American Chemical Society (ACS), American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), Pittsburgh Conference, many other international training groups. She is the founder and past co-chair of the AAPS Stability Focus Group, and an active member of the Pharmaceutical Stability Discussion Group (PSDG). She serves on the Governing Board of Eastern Analytical Symposium (EAS). She currently is Chair of the AAPS APQ e-Learning Committee and the 2008 EAS Short Course Program. She is a member of USP's Prescription/Non-Prescription Stakeholder Forum and also USP Reference Standard Project Team. Kim Huynh-Ba is a recipient of the 2008 AAPS APQ Service Award and 2008 Recognition Award of AAPS Regulatory Section. She also received the 2001 DPCAA Leadership Award. Kim Huynh-Ba has authored numerous technical publications and book chapters. She is invited frequently to present at national and international conferences. She is the editor of the Handbook of Stability Testing in Pharmaceutical Development: Regulations, Methodologies and Best Practices, which has been recognized as a practical reference book in the stability community.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/12/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBiotechnology: Pharmaceutical Aspects
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight804 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKim Huynh-Ba
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.