All listings for this product
About this product
- Descriptionconcerns within the pharmaceutical industry about generating data that might be difficult to interpret in a regulated environment. There is also a growing apprec- tion for the challenges in translating this new information into clinical utility, including scientific, commercial, ethical, and policy challenges. Pharmacogemics and Personalized Medicine, which is part of the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, comprises chapters on selected aspects of pharmacogemics and personalized medicine. Our overall intent is to assist both vice and experienced investigators in understanding the current scientific ch- lenges in applying PGx to discovery and clinical development and in making app- priate decisions to engage in and interpret PGx research. Designed to share the experiences of leading experts in the field, the book is a useful guide for conducting PGx research--from discovery to the market, but we also aim to present a realistic perspective on the challenges, practicalities, and obstacles in applying pharmac- emics. Generally, the book avoids statements such as Pharmacogemics is going to revolutionize the practice of medicine, which are neither realistic r particularly useful to anyone. The book presents an industry perspective on the implementation of PGx in research and development, in drug discovery, and in clinical trials, including rec- mendations for a systematic approach for assessing the feasibility and added value of PGx studies in clinical trials.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables, biography
- Weight733 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byNadine Cohen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.