All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for general cardiologists and other physicians involved in the care of patients with chronic stable angina (CSA). The goal of this book is to update clinicians on recent data on the medical management of patients with CSA. Ischemic heart disease remains a major public health problem. Chronic stable angina is the initial manifestation of ischemic heart disease in approximately one half of patients. Stable coronary artery disease is generally characterized by episodes of reversible myocardial demand/supply mismatch, related to ischaemia or hypoxia, which are usually inducible by exercise, emotion or other stress and reproducible-but, which may also be occurring spontaneously. Such episodes of ischaemia/hypoxia are commonly associated with transient chest discomfort (angina pectoris). The aim of the management of CSA is to reduce symptoms and improve progsis. The management of these patients encompasses lifestyle modification, control of coronary artery disease risk factors, evidence-based pharmacological therapy and patient education. All patients with stable angina should be offered optimal medical treatment, defined as one or two anti-anginal drugs as necessary, plus drugs for secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Regarding the role of revascularization, randomised trials provide compelling evidence that myocardial revascularisation by coronary artery bypass grafting or by percutaneous coronary intervention improves symptoms of angina relative to continued medical treatment.
- Author BiographyDr Pablo Avanzas is a Consultant in Interventional Cardiology at Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias in Oviedo, Spain. Dr Juan Carlos Kaski is Head of the Cardiovascular Sciences Research Centre at St George's University of London (UK) and President of the International Society of Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Cardiovascular Therapy
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight319 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJuan Carlos Kaski,Pablo Avanzas
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.