Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $513.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPharmacology, 7e by Hitner/Nagle is incredibly readable, with short chapters that link theory to practice; content that is focused on the need-to-kw information to t overload the reader; excellent tables and features such as Patient Administration and Monitoring Boxes; and the most up-to-date drug information. This new edition features revised Learning Outcomes for each chapter, with a more streamlined chapter structure to reflect those updates. Chapter reviews have been revisited to more closely mirror typical exam formats, and a variety of additional exercises are available on Connect Plus. The full suite of instructor materials is available. Hitner 7e has Connect Plus, including LearnSmart: Pharmacology, SmartBook, body system and pharmacology animations, dosage calculations exercises, and more.
- Author BiographyHenry Hitner earned a bachelor of science degree in biology from Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and spent several years working in the pharmaceutical industry, first as a research assistant in toxicology for Wyeth Laboratories and then as a research pharmacologist for National Drug Company, both in Philadelphia. During this time he earned a master of education degree in biology from West Chester University. He attended graduate school at Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia, where he earned a PhD in pharmacology. Dr. Hitner then went into academia, where he held numerous faculty positions, first as an instructor of biology and allied health sciences at Montgomery County Community College, followed by 30 years of teaching and research at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). At PCOM he served as professor and vice chair of the neuroscience, physiology, and pharmacology department. Other positions included director of the animal facility and chair of the institutional animal care and utilization committee. Professional memberships included the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society and the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. He was the recipient of the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching and a Mentor Award from the National Student Association. Henry and his wife Carlotta enjoy traveling, the beach, and time spent with family and their nine grandchildren. Barbara Nagle earned a master of science and doctorate at Hahnemann Medical College and University in the department of pharmacology. Following postdoctoral training in ocular pharmacology at Will's Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, she taught pharmacology and physiology to medical students at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) and to nursing students at Widener University. After several years in academia, she moved into the pharmaceutical industry at Glaxo Smith-Kline, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Bio-Pharm Clinical Services, ICON, and InKine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. as Director of Clinical Information and later Vice President of Clinical Research, Training and Quality Assurance. She has been part of the research effort to bring products through clinical development to FDA approval such as gastric acid suppressants (antihistamines), beta-blockers, antiinfectives, muscle relaxants, and oral contraceptives. Her most recent affiliation was with Endo Pharmaceuticals in pain management research prior to her current activities as consultant and educator. She has served as International Director of Drug Development Training and Medical Education for BioPharm. Professional memberships include the Sigma Xi Scientific Research and American Medical Writers Association. Barbara is a freelance photographer, traveler, and silk painter.
- Author(s)Barbara T Nagle,Henry Hitner
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Weight1524 g
- Width218 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.