All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides clinicians and researchers with the current state-of-the-art on the pharmacological treatment of aphasia. The focus is on the role of different pharmacological agents to improve aphasia associated with stroke and to attenuate language dissolution in degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's disease and primary progressive aphasia. This book is the first one that addresses these topics. Leaders in the field provide tutorial reviews on how focal brain injury and degeneration impact on the rmal the activity of different neurotransmitter systems and how drugs combined or t with rehabilitation can improve language and communication deficits. This is nicely illustrated by studies on single cases and case series describing the beneficial effects of interventions combining drugs with evidence-based rehabilitation techniques. Throughout the volume, future directions to refine testing aimed to detect gains in language and n-language cognitive deficits promoted by drug treatment are highlighted. This book is essential reading for anyone interested in the rehabilitation of aphasia and related cognitive disorders. This book was originally published as a special issue of Aphasiology.
- Author BiographyMarcelo L. Berthier is a member of the Unidad de Neurologia Cognitiva y Afasia of the Centro de Investigaciones Medico-Sanitarias at the University of Malaga, Spain, and is interested in using different strategies to treat aphasia. Most of his current work concerns the treatment of post-stroke aphasia combining intensive rehabilitation with drugs. Guadalupe Davila is a member of the Unidad de Neurologia Cognitiva y Afasia of the Centro de Investigaciones Medico-Sanitarias at the University of Malaga, Spain and is interested in using different strategies to treat aphasia. Most of his current work concerns the treatment of post-stroke aphasia combining intensive rehabilitation with drugs.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGuadeloupe Davila,Marcelo L. Berthier
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.