Pharmacy Calculations: An Introduction for Pharmacy Technicians by Joy Bellis Sakai, Leanora Kasun (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a complete review of the basic mathematic concepts and skills, which offer a foundation for more advanced understanding of pharmacy-related topics. The guide provides students with the pharmacy basics necessary for correctly interpreting prescriptions and drug orders, and performing dosing calculations that technicians face every day. Pharmacy Calculations: An Introduction for Pharmacy Technicians, is designed for pharmacy technician students enrolled in a training program, technicians preparing for the certification exam, and for on-site training. As the role for pharmacy technicians continues to evolve and expand one thing remains constant. The safety of patients is the highest priority for anyone working in pharmacy, whether in hospital, retail, or institutional practices. With a thorough understanding of pharmacy math comes accuracy in computations and safety and quality in practice.
- Author BiographyJoy Bellis Sakai, PharmD, developed an interest in pharmacy at an early age when she helped out in her father's drug store. She received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from University of California, San Francisco, in 1975 and haswith experience in drug information, acute care, pediatric and geriatric clinical pharmacy. She is currently a clinical pharmacist for Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia, California. She is the organizer and lead instructor for the Pharmacy Technician training program at College of the Sequoias. Dr. Sakai is author of another textbook, Practical Pharmacology for the Pharmacy Technician. She is a member of American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists.Leanora Kasun, MS, has taught math and science for twenty years. She has a BA in mathematics and physics from Humboldt State University and a MS in atmospheric science from the College of Engineering at the University of Wyoming. Since 2002, she has taught advanced placement mathematics, calculus, and physics at Redwood High School in Visalia. She has been Adjunct Iinstructor of Math at College of the Sequoias since 1992.LeanoraKasun, MS Atmospheric ScienceUniversity of Wyoming, College of EngineeringB.A. Mathematics, B.A. PhysicsAdjunctInstructor of Mathematics, College of the SequoiasAP Calculus/AP Physics/ Pre-Calculus teacher, Redwood High School
- Author(s)Joy Bellis Sakai,Leanora Kasun
- PublisherAmerican Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Date of Publication30/07/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBethesda
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Out-of-print date21/05/2016
- Content Note75 images
- Weight590 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.