All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith this exceptional textbook, students gain the necessary kwledge, skills, and confidence to provide safe and effective care for the patients they will serve in their future careers. Chapter features help students learn all facets of pharmacy practice, including:* an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of pharmacy technicians in both community and institutional practice settings* a comprehension of the laws, regulations, and standards that govern pharmacy practice* an awareness of medication safety issues in the prescription-filling process* kwledge of the equipment, supplies, prescription order forms, and medication labels used in pharmacy practice* insight into professionalism, including effective communication with patients and other healthcare professionals, cultural awareness, and ethical behaviorIn addition, three appendices offer students valuable reference material on:* the most commonly prescribed drugs* the top drugs administered in hospitals* common pharmacy abbreviations and acronymsThe Study Partner CD supports student learning with:* Chapter Terms and Flash Cards that help students learn key termilogy* Matching Activities that provide students with a fun, interactive way to learn chapter content* Quizzes that test students' understanding of important chapter concepts in both practice and reported modes* A Link to the Internet Resource Center providing in-depth reference information and additional resourcesNew and Noteworthy Chapter Features:* NEW! Practice Tips highlight guidelines pharmacy technicians should follow in the workplace, teaching students how to be successful and efficient on the job.* NEW! Timely Topics cover important issues and initiatives to heighten students' awareness of the developing techlogy, trends, and policies impacting their field.* NEW! Reinforcing Your Learning offers 3-5 enrichment activities that strengthen student comprehension of chapter concepts.* NEW! Thinking on Your Feet presents real-world scenarios that give students practice handling challenging situations in the workplace.* NEW! Acquiring Field Kwledge expands students' understanding of pharmacy practice through Web-based projects.* NEW! Sampling the Certification Exam provides students with 10 practice problems that model the test format of the certification exams.* Learning Objectives establish clear goals for students as they begin their chapter study, helping them focus on the information that is most critical to their success.* Key Terms are highlighted and defined to help students better comprehend the language they will use when communicating with patients and other healthcare professionals.* Safety Notes alert students to important safety reminders that must be heeded to provide safe and effective patient care.* Photographs and Illustrations help students visualize pharmacy procedures, medication dosage forms, supplies, equipment, and real-world patient interactions.* Tables and Chapter Summaries encapsulate key points of the chapter and offer students beneficial study aids.
- Author BiographyDon A. Ballington, MS, served as program coordinator of the pharmacy technician training program at Midlands Technical College in Columbia, South Carolina for 27 years. He has also served as president of the Pharmacy Technician Educators Council and in 2005 received the council's Educator of the Year award. He has been a consulting editor for the Journal of Pharmacy Technology, and over the course of his career at Midlands Technical College, he has developed high-quality training materials for pharmacy technicians - made available in Pharmacy for Technicians, Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians, and Pharmacy Practice for Technicians published by Paradigm.
- Author(s)Don A. Ballington,Robert J. Anderson
- PublisherEMC Paradigm,US
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSaint Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEMC Paradigm,US
- Content NoteCD
- Weight1338 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.