Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionLearn from a college Spanish instructor who has worked in a pharmacy. Learn from the program trusted by Kroger, CVS, Kaiser Permanente and the National Pharmacy Technician Association, who all hosted this course live. Our manual and audio course (6 hours of mp3 audio) are based on the online and live ACPE-approved Pharmacy Spanish program. Pharmacy professionals from around the world have taken our online course. We incorporate the feedback of those pharmacy professionals. We include over 1000 pharmacy terms and complete ready-to-use phrases with an easy pronunciation guide. This is a complete course with activities and sample dialogues. You'll learn to prounce any word in Spanish, put together your own sentences for unique situations and counsel your patients confidently. You'll even learn why you should file the patient named Carolina Adriana Montalvo Romero under M. By purchasing this title you will also receive: 1. six hours of mp3 audio from our website 2. direct email access to the author/instructor From this course you will learn to do the following in Spanish: 1. Discuss symptoms and medical conditions. 2. Discuss prescription drop-off, pick-up and problems with refills. 3. Discuss insurance. 4. Obtain personal information including drug allergies and current medications. 5. Name prescription and OTC medications. 6. Give accurate and complete directions for use.
- Author BiographyStephanie Langston has her M.Ed. in Foreign Language Education a B.A. in Spanish and a B.A. in Journalism. She teaches college Spanish (face-to-face and online) and owns Hands on Spanish, Inc. Her experience as a former pharmacy technician and background as an educator make her uniquely qualified to teach this program. She received her degrees from the University of Georgia and also studied at the Universidad de Salamanca in Spain and the Forrester Institute in San Jose, Costa Rica. She has taught for Georgia Perimeter College, the Georgia Institute of Technology and Oxford College of Emory University. She was the first Spanish Instructor at Georgia Perimeter College to teach online classes and has subsequently trained others. Her specialty is curriculum development. She has a Continuing Education program for Judges and Court Clerks (offered through the Institute of Continuing Judicial Education of Georgia and the Florida College of Advanced Judicial Studies). Her Spanish for Nurses offers 20 hours of ANCC continuing education credit and her Pharmacy Spanish online program offers 12 hours of ACPE continuing education credit. She has a children's program and a conversation web tutorial, also. She worked with General Dynamics Information Technology on a project in which she led the development of 200 hours of curriculum for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's ICE agents (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). Stephanie teaches programs live (to small groups of 20 or large ones of 200) and online and enjoys both delivery methods. She and her husband Chris have traveled to 41 countries, including a dozen Spanish-speaking countries. They adopted two beautiful children adopted from Colombia, Emery and Maya (5 and 2 at time of publication). They have advised many couples on international adoption. They are active in their church in education, music and missions. Stephanie enjoys singing, dancing, playing the piano and swimming. Chris, a computer programmer and software developer, is the driving force behind the company's website and online program functionality. They enjoy the occasional adventure sport, too, like skydiving, hang gliding, paragliding and zip lining. They live in Monroe, GA and enjoy time with family and friends nearby and far away.
- Author(s)Stephanie Langston
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.