All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe behavior of solid and liquid matter at high pressures and temperatures is best described in a phase diagram, which shows the regions of stability of different phases of the material. Thanks to the diamond-anvil cell, which has made possible much higher pressures, and to new and very accurate theoretical models and methods, Phase Diagrams of the Elements presents the most up-to-date information on the phase behavior of all the chemical elements from hydrogen to fermium. The book summarizes, with the aid of tables and illustrations, the experimental data and the theoretical calculations. Each element is discussed in a separate section. Other chapters deal with methods, the liquid-vapor transition, and an overview of the elements. While comprehensively reviewing all that has been done in this important area, the author also points to questions that need much more experimental and theoretical work.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Young is a theoretical physicist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Author(s)David Anderson Young
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication14/05/1991
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width230 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.