All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is part of a set of books which offers advanced students successive characterization tool phases, the study of all types of phase (liquid, gas and solid, pure or multi-component), process engineering, chemical and electrochemical equilibria, and the properties of surfaces and phases of small sizes. Macroscopic and microscopic models are in turn covered with a constant correlation between the two scales. Particular attention has been given to the rigor of mathematical developments. This fifth volume is devoted to the study of transformations and equilibria between phases. First- and second-order pure phase transformations are presented in detail, just as with the macroscopic and microscopic approaches of phase equilibria. In the presentation of binary systems, the thermodynamics of azeotropy and demixing are discussed in detail and applied to strictly-regular solutions. Eutectic and peritectic points are examined, as well as the reactions that go with them. The study of ternary systems then introduces the concepts of ternary azeotropes and eutectics. For each type of solid-liquid system, the interventions of definite compounds with or without congruent melting are taken into account. The particular properties of the different table points of a diagram are also demonstrated.
- Author BiographyMichel SOUSTELLE is a chemical engineer and Emeritus Professor at Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne in France. He taught chemical kinetics from postgraduate to Master degree level while also carrying out research in this topic.
- Author(s)Michel Soustelle
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.