All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $18.74Free postage
- AU $22.03Free postage
About this product
- Description-- How can education work in harmony with a child's developing relationship with the world around it? -- How can education take account of body, soul, and spirit? Bernard Lievegoed takes a child's full humanity -- body, soul and spirit -- as his starting point. From this, a philosophy and pedagogy emerge in which, he argues, children can become happy, wise and skilled adults only when education takes the development of these three aspects into account from the very beginning. Drawing on the educational ideas of Rudolf Steiner, and on a philosophical tradition going back to Goethe and Schiller, Lievegoed turns away from the materialist nineteenth-century tion of 'kwledge is power' which still pervades mainstream education today. He describes the three main stages of child development -- pre-school, schoolchild and teenager -- in a clear and concise way. Lievegoed shows that each stage of roughly seven years has its own character, and its own genetic and biographical potential. The author goes on to explore the practical application of these insights as an education method in harmony with the child's developing relationship with the world around them.
- Author BiographyBernard Lievegoed (1905-92) was a paediatrician, educationalist and management consultant. He was founder of the NPI which pioneered new approaches to business management internationally.
- Author(s)Bernard C. J. Lievegoed
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight293 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byTony Langham,Plym Peters
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.