All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a selection of papers read at the fourth international conference of the Society of Historical English Language and Linguistics (SHELL) held at Keio University, Tokyo, in 2012. The first conference was at Chiba University (Japan) back in 2005, the second at Nagoya University (Japan) in 2007, the third at Hiroshima University (Japan) in 2009. The volume consists of four plenary papers in part one, of six papers read in two symposia in part two, and individual papers on Old, Middle, Modern, American English with some diachronic studies in part three. Papers discuss syntax, lexicology, semantics, paleography, literary criticism, etc., in various historical periods of English, on the basis of both theoretical and philological studies, as the Society has aimed at the reunion of these approaches from its establishment.
- Author BiographyMichio Hosaka is Professor of English Linguistics at Nihon University. Michiko Ogura is Professor of Medieval English at Keio University. Hironori Suzuki is Professor of English at Daito Bunka University. Akinobu Tani is Professor of English at the Hyogo University of Education.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleStudies in English Medieval Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAkinobu Tani,Hironori Suzuki,Michiko Ogura,Michio Hosaka
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.