All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fine new book, the third in a series, brings psychologists up to date on the advances of phemelogical research methods in illuminating the nature of human awareness and ex- periences. In the more congenial and welcoming intellectual climate of the 1990s, phe- melogical methods have moved to the forefront of discourse on research methods that support and advocate an expanding view of science. In Valle and King (1978), pheme- logical methods were presented as alternatives to behavioral methods. In Valle and Halling (1989), phemelogical methods were advanced to perspectives in psychology. This new volume is even less cautious, indeed bolder, in relation to conventional methods and epistemologies. By w, people kwledgeable about psychology, and most psycholo- gists, have digested the criticisms directed against methods that operationalize, quantify, and often minimize human behavior. In bringing us up to date on the growing power of phe- melogical methods, this volume brings welcome coherence and integrity to an in- creasingly harried science attempting to reenchant itself with meaning and depth, an endeavor artfully exemplified by phemelogical inquiries of the last several decades.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1440 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRonald S. Valle
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.