All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe text of Martin Heidegger's 1927-28 university lecture course on Emmanuel Kant's Critique of Pure Reason presents a close interpretive reading of the first two parts of this masterpiece of modern philosophy. In this course, Heidegger continues the task he enunciated in Being and Time as the problem of dismatling the history of ontology, using temporality as a clue. Within this context the relation between philosophy, ontology, and fundamental ontology is shown to be rooted in the genesis of the modern mathematical sciences. Heidegger demonstrates that objectification of beings as beings is inseparable from kwledge a priori, the central problem of Kant's Critique. He concludes that objectification rests on the productive power of imagination, a process that involves temporality, which is the basic constitution of humans as beings.
- Author BiographyParvis Emad is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at DePaul University and the founding co-editor (with Kenneth Maly) of Heidegger Studies. Also with Maly, he has translated Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit by Martin Heidegger and Encounters and Dialogues with Martin Heidegger by Heinrich Wiegand Petzet. Kenneth Maly is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and co-editor (with John Sallis) of Heraclitean Fragments. With Parvis Emad he is currently translating Beitrage zur Philosophie (Vom Ereignis) by Martin Heidegger.
- Author(s)Martin Heidegger
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byParvis Emad,Kenneth Maly
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.