All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph, which was more than five years in preparation, represents a very detailed account of pheochromocytoma, a tumor that is almost invariably lethal if untreated. In addition to its definitive presentation of the subject, this volume contains the most cur- rent information regarding the diagsis and management of pheochromocytoma. It is im- portant to reemphasize the seriousness of diagsing and treating pheochromocytoma with the aphorism of Esperson and Dahl- Iversen that although a pheochromocytoma may be morphologically benign it is physio- logically malignant (280) and with Araw's characterization of this tumor as a veritable pharmacological bomb (20). If managed ap- propriately by a highly skilled and profes- sional bomb squad, this tumor can be re- moved and the patient cured in at least 90 percent of cases. The secret lies in first sus- pecting and recognizing the patient who has and then offering the ex- pheochromocytoma pert management such a patient requires. These facts more than justify this publication, since the internist, pediatrician, obstetrician, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, urologist, neurologist, surgeon, anesthesiologist, derma- tologist, psychiatrist, radiologist, and also the dentist must be made acutely aware of the varied manifestations of this condition and of the pathologic entities which sometimes co- xiv Preface exist with pheochromocytoma. Furthermore, have included a large number of instructive they should have a thorough kwledge of the figures and have emphasized teaching tables.
- Author(s)Ray W. Gifford,William M. Manger
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/11/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1049 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.