CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1971, the artist Philip Guston (1913-1980) created this series of caricatures of Richard Nixon, available w for the first time in book form. Produced years before Watergate and three years before Nixon's resignation, these provocative, searing condemnations of a corrupt head of state are both a remarkable, prescient political satire and an aesthetic landmark, one of few instances of an artist in the late 20th century engaging caricature in his work.
- Author BiographyDebra Bricker Balken is an independent curator and writer. She has assembled numberous exhibitions in the United States, including a retrospective of Arthur Dove's work at the Addison Gallery of American Art. She is the author of several books and catalogues, including Arthur Dove: A Retrospective and Alfedo Joar: Lament of the Image.
- Author(s)Debra Bricker Balken,Philip Guston
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Notechiefly illustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.