CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1971, the artist Philip Guston (1913-1980) created this series of caricatures of Richard Nixon, available w for the first time in book form. Produced years before Watergate and three years before Nixon's resignation, these provocative, searing condemnations of a corrupt head of state are both a remarkable, prescient political satire and an aesthetic landmark, one of few instances of an artist in the late 20th century engaging caricature in his work.
- Author BiographyDebra Bricker Balken is an independent curator and writer. She has assembled numberous exhibitions in the United States, including a retrospective of Arthur Dove's work at the Addison Gallery of American Art. She is the author of several books and catalogues, including Arthur Dove: A Retrospective and Alfedo Joar: Lament of the Image.
- Author(s)Debra Bricker Balken,Philip Guston
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Notechiefly illustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.