All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe people in the city of Philippi who received this letter from their friend, Paul, were suffering from two of Christianity's greatest adversaries: self-sufficiency and complacency. While writing this letter from a Roman prison cell, Paul was able to provide a unique perspective on these enemies of our faith. Even as he faced horrific trials, Paul continued to encourage his brothers and sisters by declaring that his imprisonment was reason for joy. This letter also includes Paul's concerns for the church regarding spiritual and practical matters, such as unity and false teachers. He urges the believers to maintain their spiritual commitment and integrity as well as to continue to grow in Christ. The MacArthur Bible Studies provide intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture. Each guide incorporates extensive commentary, detailed observations on overriding themes, and probing questions to help you study the Word of God with guidance from John MacArthur.
- Author BiographyJohn MacArthur has served as the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence; in more than four decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament (and several key sections of the Old Testament). He is president of the Master's University and Seminary and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored a number of bestselling books, including The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, Twelve Ordinary Men,and One Perfect Life. For more details about John MacArthur and his Bible-teaching resources, contact Grace to You at 800-55-GRACE or gty.org.
- Author(s)John F. MacArthur
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleMacArthur Bible Studies
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.