About this product
- DescriptionIn Philip's Children's Atlas, clear and accurate maps are combined with fascinating facts about the countries of the world to provide essential geographical information for young readers. In addition, guidance is given at the beginning of the atlas on how to use the maps, encouraging the early development of map skills. The atlas is organized spread by spread in the classic sequence: first Europe, then its land neighbour Asia, followed by Africa, Australia and Oceania, North America and South America. Illustrated with interesting full-colour photographs and packed with fact boxes, curiosities, flags, stamps and quiz questions, Philip's Children's Atlas is both fun to use and easy to understand. A past winner of the Geographical Association's award for making a significant contribution to geography, Philip's Children's Atlas was judged an excellent 'all round' children's atlas with simple yet well-designed maps, well-illustrated with colour photographs. It links places to issues, events and real people, giving a clear sense of place.
- Author BiographyDavid and Jill Wright began their careers as geography teachers, before moving into teacher training. They travelled the world extensively, researching new material for educational and children's books. Sadly, David died in 2009, but his wife Jill continues to write about geography for children.
- Author(s)David Wright,Jill Wright
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Maps & Atlases
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight695 g
- Width244 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.