About this product
- DescriptionBritain's best-selling secondary school atlas, w in its 97th Edition, Philip's Modern School Atlas is divided into sections for ease of use, with each page colour-coded for rapid reference.A 10-page Remote Sensing section covers such topics as satellite imagery and GIS (with an explanation of false-colour usage), incorporating a selection of images used in studies of exploration, land reclamation, erosion, geology and pollution, with explanatory text.The next section covers the United Kingdom and Ireland in 32 pages. With physically coloured maps, this is the most accurate mapping of the UK and Ireland available at the chosen scales - accompanying the physical maps are thematic maps on numerous key social and ecomic themes.The middle section is made up of 74 pages of World topographical maps, incorporating continental thematic maps on topics such as climate, population and ecomics, followed by 30 pages of World thematic maps.Completing the atlas is a section of World social and ecomic statistics, accompanied by the index to the topographical maps in the atlas, showing letter-figure grid references as well as latitude and longitude co-ordinates.Available in both hardback and paperback formats, Philip's Modern School Atlas 97th Edition is an unbeatable combination of highly detailed physical mapping backed up by numerous tables and thematic maps.
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/03/2012
- SubjectChildren's Maps & Atlases
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date09/01/2015
- Weight980 g
- Width230 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement97th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.