All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging and often hilarious survey of the far-from-fusty extra-curricular activities of some of philosophy s finest practitioners Philosophers Behaving Badly examines the lives of eight great philosophersRousseau, whose views on education and the social order seem curiously at odds with his own outrageous life; Schopenhauer and Nietzsche, two giants of the 19th century whose words seem ever more relevant today; and five immensely influential philosophers of the 20th century, Russell, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Sartre, and Foucault.
- Author BiographyNigel Rodgers is a historian and author of several publications, most recently The Rise and Fall of Ancient Rome as well as biographies of Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill.
- Author(s)Mel Thompson,Nigel Rodgers
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication21/12/2004
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.