All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese Philosophical Essays by Giulio Preti explore, with particular acuteness and originality, some of the major problems addressed by contemporary philosophy. Preti's objective was to outline a scientific philosophy capable of embodying the rigour and concern for the factual found in scientific procedure. His analysis engaged with the complex tradition of logical empiricism and he also devoted attention to pragmatism and the philosophy of praxis in early Marx. Preti succeeded in establishing a dialogue with these traditions of thought while also considering both Husserl's early phemelogy and the methodical approach derived from Kantian and neo-Kantian transcendentalism. He used this wide range of theoretical and practical horizons in invative ways, presenting a critical metareflection receptive to these varying positions. In doing so Preti developed a new critical rationalism that incorporated a historical-objective transcendentalism.
- Author BiographyGiulio Preti (1911-1972) was the most eminent Italian representative of European critical rationalism. Engaged in a continuous critical dialogue with the epistemological debate stemming from logical empiricism, Preti occupied a unique position internationally. The Philosophical Essays are his ultimate expression of the practice of philosophy as a Socratic exercise of freedom and social responsibility. Fabio Minazzi is Professor of Theoretical Philosophy at the Universita degli Studi dell'Insubria, director of the Centro Internazionale Insubrico and a member of the Academie Internationale de Philosophie des Sciences. He is a specialist in the European tradition of critical rationalism and has published on Galileo, Kant, Popper and Geymonat among others. His publications include over eighty authored or edited volumes and over 300 academic papers.
- Author(s)Fabio Minazzi,Giulio Preti
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2011
- Series TitlePhilosophie & Politique - Philosophy & Politics
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2011
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note1, 1 ill.
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Translated byRichard Sadleir
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.