All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe intersection between law and neuroscience has been a focus of intense research for the past decade, as an unprecedented amount of attention has been triggered by the increased use of neuroscientific evidence in courts. While the majority of this attention is currently devoted to criminal law, including capital cases, the wide-ranging proposals for how neuroscience may inform issues of law and public policy extend to virtually every substantive area in law. Bringing together the latest work from leading scholars in the field, this volume examines the philosophical issues that inform this emerging and vibrant subfield of law. From discussions featuring the philosophy of the mind to neuroscience-based lie detection, each chapter addresses foundational questions that arise in the application of neuroscientific techlogy in the legal sphere.
- Author BiographyDennis Patterson is Board of Governors Professor of Law and Philosophy at Rutgers School of Law; he is also Professor of Legal Theory and Legal Philosophy at the European University Institute and Professor of International Trade and Legal Theory at Swansea University. He has authored books on legal theory, trade law, and commercial law, and has written over fifty professional articles. His book with Michael Pardo, Minds, Brains, and Law (OUP 2013), is an accessible and comprehensive guide to the field of 'neurolaw'. Michael S. Pardo is the Henry Upson Sims Professor of Law at the University of Alabama. He is the author of several publications is the areas of evidence, legal proof, civil and criminal procedure, and legal philosophy.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitlePhilosophical Foundations of Law
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight652 g
- Width187 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byMichael S. Pardo,Professor Dennis Patterson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.