All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophical Questions: East and West is an anthology of source material for use in comparative courses in philosophy, religion, and the humanities. The readings-derived from the great works of the Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Islamic, and Western intellectual traditions-are presented as answers to some of the most enduring questions in philosophy. Discussions are arranged under the headings of epistemology, metaphysics, ethics, philosophy of religion, aesthetics, and the nature of human being. Each section begins with an introductory essay in which the leading questions and their responses from different traditions are presented in overview.Philosophical Questions raises the central questions of comparative philosophy and eloquently argues the need for discarding familiar cliches to make a fresh, unprejudiced study of these traditions.
- Author BiographyBina Gupta is professor of philosophy and director of the South Asia Studies Area and Language Center at the University of Missouri. J. N. Mohanty is professor of philosophy at Temple University and is internationally known for his work in the area of Indian philosophy and Western phenomenology. He is the author of Transcendental Phenomenology (1989) and Classical Indian Philosophy.
- Author(s)Bina Gupta,Jitendra Nath Mohanty
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- Series TitlePhilosophy and the Global Context
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width181 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBina Gupta,Jitendra Nath Mohanty
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.