All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy After Deleuze provides a concise and accessible introduction to Deleuze in relation to philosophical inquiry. The book shows how Deleuze's work contributes to contemporary debates in each of the major areas of philosophy: metaphysics, ethics, aesthetics, and political philosophy. Hughes begins by examining Deleuze's style, aiming to explain and justify Deleuze's often complex and challenging use of language by placing it within a discussion of the ends and methods of philosophical inquiry. He goes on to examine each of the major fields of philosophy through Deleuze's key concepts, showing how Deleuze challenges, articulates and contributes to contemporary debates in a way that has practical applications for anyone doing philosophy today. This is the ideal introduction to Deleuze for any student of philosophy.
- Author BiographyJoe Hughes received his PhD from the University of Edinburgh, UK and currently teaches at the University of Minnesota, USA. He is the co-translator of Deleuze's Pericles and Verdi (Columbia University Press, 2002).
- Author(s)Joe Hughes
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- Series TitleDeleuze Encounters
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight365 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.