All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe last century saw two great revolutions in genetics; the development of classic Mendelian theory and the discovery and investigation of DNA. Each fundamental scientific discovery in turn generated its own distinctive techlogy. Biotechlogy is the offspring of the latter and is expected to be the driving force behind ecomic growth in the twenty-first century. These two case studies enable the author to conduct a philosophical exploration of the relationship between fundamental scientific discoveries on the one hand, and the techlogies that spring from them on the other. As such it is also an exercise in the philosophy of techlogy.
- Author BiographyKEEKOK LEE is currently Visiting Chair in Philosophy at the Institute for Environment, Philosophy and Public Policy, Lancaster University. Her research interests include environmental philosophy, philosophy of technology, and the relationship between the environment and technology from the ontological perspective. Published works include The Natural and the Artefactual (1999) and Social Philosophy and Ecological Scarcity (1989).
- Author(s)Keekok Lee
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication26/11/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleRenewing Philosophy
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight311 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.