All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise, accessible volume captures the relationship between politics and philosophy as it is conceived in Alain Badiou's work. Harking back to his mentor Louis Althusser, Badiou explains how politics conditions philosophy, while suggesting that philosophy itself may be needed to clarify the truths produced within the political condition. Badiou also offers an intriguing take on what he calls the four major ensembles of French and, more broadly, Western society today, in which new emancipatory forms of politics are emerging: students, the young, workers and immigrants. Badiou concludes with a return to the tion of communism, here defined as an answer to the obscure kt that ties politics, philosophy and democracy.
- Author BiographyALAIN BADIOU teaches philosophy at the Ecole normale superieure and the College international de philosophie in Paris. His recent books include Ethics; Metapolitics; Polemics; The Communist Hypothesis; Five Lessons on Wagner; and Wittgenstein's Antiphilosophy.
- Author(s)Alain Badiou
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePocket Communism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight163 g
- Width110 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byBruno Bosteels
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.