All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book for the first time brings together Professor Prings thoughts on the philosophy of education and is his first global treatment of the subject. His writings reflect a consistency of thought about educational theory and educational aims and the consequence of both for the nature and practice of educational research. Professor Pring draws together the different themes, providing a distinctively philosophical perspective on educational theory and practice. This perspective challenges many of the ideas, which underpin government policy, impoverish educational practice and weaken educational research in a way unackwledged even by the researchs most ardent critics.
- Author BiographyProfessor Richard Pring is Lead Director of the six year Nuffield Review of 14-19 Education and Training for England and Wales, and Emeritus Fellow, Green College, Oxford, UK. Until 2003, Professor of Educational Studies, University of Oxford, UK, where he was Director of the Department.
- Author(s)Richard Pring
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/09/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.