Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology brings together a diversity of readings in the philosophy of language from the ancient Greeks to contemporary analytic, feminist, and multicultural perspectives. The emphasis is on issues that have a direct bearing on concerns about kwledge, reality, meaning, and understanding. A general introduction and introductions to each group of readings identify both the continuities and differences in the way big questions in philosophy of language have been addressed by philosophers of different historical periods, institutional affiliations, races, and genders.
- Author BiographyAndrea Nye is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin--Whitewater. She is the author of Feminist Theory and the Philosophies of Man (1988), Words of Power: a Feminist Reading of the History of Logic (1990), Philosophia: the Thought of Rosa Luxemburg, Simone Weil, Hannah Arendt (1994), Philosophy and Feminism: at the Border (1995).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/1998
- Series TitlePhilosophy: The Big Questions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight726 g
- Width176 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAndrea Nye
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.