All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe philosophy of mathematics plays a vital role in the mature philosophy of Charles S. Peirce. Peirce received rigorous mathematical training from his father and his philosophy carries on in decidedly mathematical and symbolic veins. For Peirce, math was a philosophical tool and many of his most productive ideas rest firmly on the foundation of mathematical principles. This volume collects Peirce's most important writings on the subject, many appearing in print for the first time. Peirce's determination to understand matter, the cosmos, and the grand design of the universe remain relevant for contemporary students of science, techlogy, and symbolic logic.
- Author BiographyCharles S. Peirce (1839-1914) was one of America's most prolific philosophers. He is noted for his contributions to logic, mathematics, science, and semiotics. Matthew E. Moore is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Brooklyn College. He is editor of New Essays on Peirce's Mathematical Philosophy.
- Author(s)Charles S. Peirce,Joseph Warren Dauben
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- Series TitleSelections from the Writings of Charles S. Peirce
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note3 b&w illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMatthew E. Moore
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.