All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs witnessed by recent films such as Fight Club and Identity, our culture is obsessed with multiple personality-a phemen raising intriguing questions about personal identity. This study offers both a full-fledged philosophical theory of personal identity and a systematic account of multiple personality. Gunnarsson combines the methods of analytic philosophy with close hermeneutic and phemelogical readings of cases from different fields, focusing on psychiatric and psychological treatises, self-help books, biographies, and fiction. He develops an original account of personal identity (the authorial correlate theory) and offers a provocative interpretation of multiple personality: in brief, multiples are right about the metaphysics but wrong about the facts.
- Author BiographyLogi Gunnarsson is Professor of Philosophy at University of Potsdam, Germany.
- Author(s)Logi Gunnarsson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.