All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive textbook for students coming to philosophy of religion for the first time. Philosophy of Religion: An Introduction is a comprehensive textbook for students coming to philosophy of religion for the first time. It sets traditional arguments such as the problem of evil or the concept of God within the contexts of contemporary debates. In addition to classical questions and issues, the textbook also covers more modern debates such as those on reformed epistemology, theological n-realism and foundationalism. A special feature of the textbook is a developed account of the question of the truth claims of other religions. The authors also explain the development of religious language, the challenge of modern science and afterlife beliefs. There is extensive examination and study advice throughout, with suggested seminar and discussion topics as well as guidance on how to write a philosophy essay. The authors presuppose little prior kwledge, thus making Philosophy of Religion: An Introduction an ideal starting point for undergraduate students of philosophy, theology and religious studies. More than simply listing and explaining the central arguments, it gives practical examples of engagement with them.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Wilkinson lectures at Sussex Downs college and has over 30 years experience of teaching philosophical topics at university, seminary and college level. He is a senior examiner for a major awarding body and a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Brighton, UK. Hugh N. Campbell is a principal examiner for a major awarding body and has been teaching philosophy of religion for 20 years.
- Author(s)Hugh N. Campbell,Michael B. Wilkinson
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.