All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy of the Arts presents a comprehensive and accessible introduction to those coming to aesthetics and the philosophy of art for the first time. The third edition is greatly enhanced by new sections on art and beauty, modern art, Aristotle and katharsis, and Hegel. Each chapter has been thoroughly revised with fresh material and extended discussions. As with previous editions, the book: * is jargon-free and will appeal to students of music, art history and literature as well as philosophy * looks at a wide range of the arts from film, painting and architecture to fiction, music and poetry * discusses a range of philosophical theories of thinkers such as Hume, Kant, Gaender, Collingwood, Derrida, Hegel and Croce * contains regular summaries and suggestions for further reading.
- Author BiographyGORDON GRAHAM is Regius Professor of Moral Philosophy at the University of Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Gordon Graham,Morris Weitz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.