Philosophy with Teenagers: Nurturing a Moral Imagination for the 21st Century by Patricia Hannam, Eugenio Echeverria (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a clear introduction to the theory and practice of the Community of Philosophical Enquiry (P4C) and explains how P4C can facilitate young people's exploration of the key ethical questions of our time, such as intercultural understanding and education for sustainable development. It offers educationalists an opportunity to reflect on how philosophical thinking in young adults can support their development into confident individuals who are successful learners and responsible citizens, and discusses the relevance of this process to educational needs of the 21st Century. Additionally, the book gives practical examples for all practitioners wanting to develop philosophical thinking in their context, and to particularly help teachers implement the new curriculum demands in inspirational ways. The book will be of interest t only to a wide range of secondary teachers but also teacher educators at university level and also policy makers. It could be important for those working in the voluntary sector, for example, with concern for development and environment education. It will be of interest to parents and those in professions closely aligned to teaching such as social or youth work.
- Author BiographyPatricia Hannam is Head of a large RE department in a school in South Cumbria, UK and has embedded an Enquiry Approach to Learning through her department and supported its development into Maths and other areas. She is an experienced SAPERE Accredited trainer being part of the group of 10 senior trainers who offer both level 1 and level 2 training. Pat is a member of PESGB (Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain) and AREIAC (The Association of RE Inspectors and Advisors) she has written for recent SSAT and Professional Council for Religious Education publications. Eugenio Echeverria is director of the Latin American Centre for Philosophy for Children (CELAFIN). He has extensive knowledge and appreciation of P4C, gained over 30 years, especially in the context of intercultural understanding. Through CELAFIN he publishes all the P4C materials used Mexican schools. Filosofia Para Nino's (Philosophy for Children) first published in Mexico in 2004 is now a standard text in Mexico for those working with P4C. Dr. Echeverria has been closely linked with the Institute of Advancement of Philosophy with Children (IAPC) based at Montclair State University in New Jersey, and worked with Matthew Lipman and Ann Sharp on more than 40 occasions. Recently, he has been advisor to the new Intercultural Universities developing across Mexico.
- Author(s)Eugenio Echeverria,Patricia Hannam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content Note20 bw illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.