All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn Phoenix: The Life of Norman Bethune Roderick and Sharon Stewart provide the intriguing details of Bethune's controversial career as a surgeon, his turbulent personal life, his passionate crusade to eradicate tuberculosis, and his pioneering commitment to the establishment of medicare in Canada. They also examine the reasoning that led Bethune to embrace Marxism and show the depth of his faith in the triumph of communism over fascism - a commitment that drove him to take risk after risk and ultimately led to his death from an infection caught while performing battlefield surgery in remote rthern China. Based on extensive research in Canada, Spain, and China, and in-depth interviews with Bethune's family, friends, colleagues, and patients, Phoenix: The Life of Norman Bethune is the definitive Bethune biography for our time.
- Author BiographyRoderick Stewart, author of Bethune and The Mind of Norman Bethune, is a retired teacher of history. Sharon Stewart has over twenty-five years of experience as a writer and as a freelance editor in educational publishing.
- Author(s)Roderick Stewart,Sharon Stewart
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note77 photos
- Weight794 g
- Width4039 mm
- Height6300 mm
- Spine865 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.