About this product
- DescriptionPhonic Limericks is a fun, practical way to enhance children's phonic understanding and enable them to see phonic sounds in context. This resource contains 26 humorous limericks, one for each of the initial consonants and short vowel sounds. Each short, funny poem features a cute alliterative character such as Alfie Ant or Zoe Zebra. The children will soon become familiar with these characters; it's very rewarding when they pick up a picture book to enthusiastically point out a Hannah the Horse word or an Alfie the Ant word and so forth. By showing phonemes in context in a funny little poem, rather than simply decoding a list of words, we are encouraging a love of reading from the very beginning - which is, of course, the reason we teach children to read in the first place! The fun reproducible worksheets contain sorting activities to reinforce phonic kwledge and handwriting activities to promote correct letter formation. The accompanying CD-Rom contains full-colour versions of the limericks, which can be displayed on an interactive whiteboard, copies of the reproducible worksheets to enable easy printing and Smartboard versions of the reproducible sheets.
- Author(s)Matt Glover
- PublisherBrilliant Publications
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBedfordshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrilliant Publications
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.