All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhosphorus-containing (co)polymers are gaining wide appeal for many uses, from healthcare and medicine to energy and environmental applications. Phosphorus-Based Polymers is the first book dedicated to this topic and provides a comprehensive overview of the different polymers and their uses. The first part of the book covers the synthesis and polymerisation of different phosphorus containing systems including phosphorus containing (meth)acrylate, (meth)acrylamide and viny or allyl momers, as well as vinyl phosphonic acid, 2-methacryloyloxyethyl phosphorylcholine, poly(phosphoesters)and polyphosphazenes. The second part of the book contains specific chapters detailing different applications such as biomedical applications in dental materials, tissue engineering and drug delivery, metal complexation for anti-corrosion and wastewater purification materials, fire retardant additives and fuel cell membranes. Written by expert researchers in the chemistry of phosphorus-containing polymers, this book is suitable for academic and industrial researchers interested in polymer and materials synthesis as well as their applications.
- Author BiographySophie Monge is assistant professor in Macromolecular Chemistry at the University of Montpellier 2, in the ICGM laboratory. She is an expert in controlled radical polymerization, especially atom transfer radical polymerization (ATRP) and reversible addition-fragmentation transfer polymerization (RAFT). This includes the synthesis of various molecules necessary for the polymerization reactions such as ligands, initiators, chain transfer agents, etc...and their characterization. An important field of her research deals with the synthesis and polymerization of phosphorus-containing polymers for various applications, in particular the biomedical field, and the complexation with metals. Ghislain David is assistant professor in Macromolecular Chemistry at the National School of Chemistry of Montpellier, in the ICGM laboratory. His main research projects are in the field of phosphorus-containing polymers obtained either from synthesis and radical polymerizations of phosphorus-containing monomers or from post-modification of pre-made polymers. Thus he is an expert in organo-phosphorus chemistry aiming at synthesizing of new monomers and polymers having phosphonate moieties. His research interests concern the developments of such polymers for a large field of applications: membranes for fuel cells, anti-corrosive coatings and flame retardants.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- Series TitlePolymer Chemistry Series
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byGhislain David,Sophie Monge
- Series Edited byBen Zhong Tang,Alaa S. Abd-El-Aziz,Stephen Craig,Jianhua Dong,Toshio Masuda
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.