All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe breadth of scientific and techlogical interests in the general topic of photochemistry is truly ermous and includes for example,such diverse areas as microelectronics, atmospheric chemistry, organic synthesis, n-conventional photoimaging, photosynthesis, solar energy conversion, polymer techlogies, and spectroscopy. Photochemistry reviews photo-induced processes that have relevance to the above wide-ranging academic and commercial disciplines, and interests in chemistry, physics, biology and techlogy. In order to provide easy access to this vast and varied literature, Photochemistry comprises sections sub-divided by chromophore and reaction type, and also a comprehensive section on polymer photochemistry.Throughout, emphasis is placed on useful applications of photochemistry.
- Author BiographyAngelo Albini is currently Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Pavia, Italy. A native of Milan, he completed his studies in Chemistry at Pavia in 1972. After postdoctoral work at the Max-Plank Institute for Radiation Chemistry in Muelheim, Germany (1973-74), he joined the Faculty at Pavia in 1975 as an assistant and then associate (since 1981) professor. He accepted a Chair of Organic Chemistry at the University of Torino in 1990 and then moved again to Pavia in 1993. He has been Visiting Professor at the Universities of Western Ontario (Canada, 1977-78) and Odense (Denmark, 1983). He is active in the field of organic photochemistry, organic synthesis via radical and ions, photoinitiated reactions, mild synthetic procedure in the frame of the increasing interest for substainable/green chemistry, applied photochemistry (photostability of dyes, drugs, photoinduced degradation of pollutants. He has been responsible of several research projects sponsored by national and international institutions and devoted to the above topics and coordinates the aeGreen ChemistryAe group of the Italian Chemical Society. He is coauthor/editor of three books (Heterocyclic N-Oxides, CRC, Orlando, 1990, Drugs: Photochemistry and Photostability, RSC, Cambridge, 1998, and Handbook of Preparative Photochemistry, Wiley-VCH, 2009), the senior reporter of the Specialist Periodic Reports on Photochemistry (RSC) since 2008, as well as coauthor ca. 280 research articles. He has been the recipient of the Federchimica Prize for creativity in chemistry in 1990.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- Series TitleSpecialist Periodical Reports
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 38
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight784 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAngelo Albini
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.