All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has been written as part of a new series of scientific text-books being published by Plenum Publishing Company Limited. The scope of the series is to review a chosen topic in each volume, and in addition, to present abstracts of the most important references cited in the text. Thus allowing the reader to supplement the information contained within this book without have to refer to many additional publications. This volume is devoted to the subject of Radiation Detectors, kwn as Photodetectors, and particular emphasis has been placed on devices operating in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. Although some detectors which are sensitive at ultraviolet and visible wavelengths, are also described. The existence of the infrared region of the spectrum has been kwn for almost two hundred years but the development of detectors specifically for these wavelengths was limited for a long time due to techlogy limitations and difficulties in understanding and explaining the phemena involved. Significant advances were made during World War II, when the potential military applications of being able to see in the dar~' were demonstrated, and this progress has been maintained during the last forty years when many major advances have been achieved, such that the use of photodetectors for both civil and military applications is w relatively common and can be inexpensive.
- Author(s)P. N. J. Dennis
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication28/02/1986
- Series TitleUpdates in Applied Physics & Electrical Technology S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.