All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll fine artists share a common goal: to combine individual elements into a convincing, cohesive whole that tells a story or expresses an intention. Photography is especially suited to this pursuit because the photographer can create multiple, distinct images of a single subject using a variety of design techniques. The display on a digital camera instantly shows the arrangement of elements in an image, allowing the photographer to make changes and refine their creation as they work. Albrecht Rissler believes that a firm understanding of image design is a tool that is as important as having an observant eye or having the technical kwledge to operate a camera. Photographic Composition presents the most important rules of image design and offers 250 outstanding photographs to illustrate these rules. By applying these rules to your own work, you will greatly improve your photographic eye and your ability to compose an ideal image. Topics include: The effect of various aspect ratios Perspective and composition Form and contrast Proportion and harmony Symmetry and asymmetry Brightness and darkness Structures and textures The perfect moment This book will teach photographers of all skill levels how to infuse images with excitement, develop and hone their visual language, and express their personal artistic aesthetic.
- Author BiographyAlbrecht Rissler began his career as an instructor for artistic-technical classes, but quit the teaching profession in 1980 to form a studio for academic illustration. He taught at Merz Academy in Stuttgart as an associate professor in 1987, and then earned a professorship at FH Mainz University of Applied Sciences, where he taught illustration from 1988-2007. Since 2005, Rissler has been an associate professor at the Art Academy in Bad Reichenhall.
- Author(s)Albrecht Rissler
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight782 g
- Width260 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.