All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionUnderscoring the active presence of photographically conceived imagery in Proustian discourse, this study draws upon the reproductive vision of both narrator and narrated as influenced by an invention whose prolific intervention clearly markts the creative psyche of an artistic society. With support from texts by Susan Sontag, Roland Barthes and others, visual and verbal modes of recall find common ground in A la Recherche du temps perdu as its overall structure becomes tainted with the tones of mechanical reproduction.
- Author BiographyThe author: Stephen Infantino completed his Ph.D. at the University of Southern California in 1986. He has since taught French language and literature at several American universities. His interests and research include mass culture, cultural anthropology and the relationship between modern visual art and narrative structure. A native of New York, he is himself a practicing visual artist and exhibits his work in the San Francisco area. He is currently an assistant professor of French at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Author(s)Stephen C. Infantino
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.