All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the Internet is an important source for locating photographic images, there still are hundreds of photography books published each year for whose contents there is external access. This second supplement to Photography Books Index addresses this need by analyzing important photographic anthologies that have been published since 1985. Accessing more than fifty photographic anthologies that are widely held in libraries across the country-along with images from two critical annual compilations, Best of Photojournalism and Graphis Annual-this book identifies photographs that record the history of our times. This reference guide provides an important index to contemporary as well as historical photographers, including those for whom full mographs have t been published. Photographs of important individuals as well as photographic records of cataclysmic events can be located through this index. Extensive descriptions of the individual photographs-from the commonplace to the extraordinary-are identified in this volume. Organized into three sections-Photographers, Subjects of Photographs, and Portraits of Named Individuals-these descriptions provide the researcher with important information on each photograph. An essential volume for all public, special and academic libraries, this index will be an invaluable resource for reporters, historians, academics, students and anyone wishing to research photographs and photographers.
- Author BiographyMartha Kreisel, Associate Professor of Library Services, is the Humanities Librarian at Hofstra University. She is the author of American Women Photographers: A Selected and Annotated Bibliography and Papercutting: An International Bibliography and Selected Guide to U.S. Collections, as well as Photography Books: A Subject Guide to Photo Anthologies (1980) and Photography Books II (1985), both published by Scarecrow.
- Author(s)Martha Kreisel
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1280 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.