All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third volume in the Skira Photography series serving as a major reference in the field. The third volume (1941-1980) of Skira's History of Photography series focuses on the years marked by the revolution of colour that meant the start of a radical change in the very nature of amateur photography. At the same time, through photojournalism photography became a mirror of society and a tool for attempts to change it. This mograph traces the historical evolution of photography, focusing on artists such as Helen Levitt, Weegee, Robert Doisneau, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Josef Sudek, William Klein, Robert Frank, Richard Avedon, Shomei Tomatsu, William Eugene Smith, Gerhard Richter, Bernhard and Hilla Becher, Ugo Mulas, Ed Ruscha, Larry Clark, just to name a few. The essays provide an in-depth discussion of some of the primary themes of the historical period: the evolution of documentary photography between 1950 and 1980, the revolution of colour and the relationship between photography and conceptual art.
- Author BiographyFormer director of the Galleria Civica in Modena, Walter Guadagnini is a curator and professor of History of Contemporary Art at the Accademia di Belle Arte in Bologna.
- Author(s)Urs Stahel
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note215 colour illustrations
- Weight1630 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byWalter Guadagnini
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.