All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarald Mante is regarded as one of the outstanding contemporary photographers in Germany. He started out as a travel photographer whose work was published in numerous magazines and books and later taught photography in the tradition of the Bauhaus school of design, applying image and color composition concepts to photography. This book is meant to present the wealth of Mante's photographic work and at the same time to advocate a pure, straight approach to photography, untouched by digital image editing tools - uncropped and unmodified captures of scenes as seen through the viewfinder. Photography Unplugged is meant to sound a voice which is singing to a slightly different tune than the digital photography choir. Harald Mante's photographs, all captured on Kodachrome's legendary slide films, will inspire beginners and expert photographers alike, and will reveal the beauty and magic of masterfully composed photography.
- Author BiographyBorn in Berlin in 1936, Harald Mante studied graphic design and painting at Werkkunstschule Wiesbaden. He taught Photographic Design at Dortmund Polytechnic and at the European Art Academy in Trier, as well as many seminars and workshops. Professor Mante has authored numerous art books and textbooks. His photographic work has been exhibited in museums and private collections world-wide, and his books and calendars have become collector's items.
- Author(s)Harald Mante
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication02/10/2009
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1580 g
- Width247 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.